Procedures for obtaining a student parking permit
Requirements for Acquiring a Parking Permit
Both parts of the two-part parking application signed by both a parent and the student. The two parts of the parking application can be downloaded here (Part 1 and Part 2). Please remember to include your vehicle information and tag number on the form, and read and sign the CVHS Parking Rules.
The procedure at this time will be to bring in person both of the completed Application Forms Parts 1 & 2. See below for permit pickup dates and times. Any email regarding parking requests should go to @email.
Reminder: ALL forms need a parent & student signature acknowledging their acceptance to the rules set forth by the school to operate a vehicle on FCPS property.
The cost of a parking permit is $200 annually. The cost is prorated 25% each new quarter. Free and reduced lunch students receive a discount. Please see FCPS School Board Notice 5922 for fee schedule.
Please use MySchoolBucks for all payments.
All information regarding the Student & Vehicle should be completed & legible on the IS 141 Form or we will be unable to process it.
If the student is unavailable on the date of permit sales, they may give all paperwork to a trusted friend and the permit will be released to that person.
A valid drivers license (A temporary (90 day paper) or provisional license is fine, however no learners permits that strictly require the student to drive with a licensed driver are accepted)
The Security Staff will endeavor to process all requests for parking as they are received. Seniors will be given the first opportunity. Underclass requests will be processed after all seniors are taken care of.
As in keeping with previous years practice, if the student generally drives a large scale vehicle such as a full sized pickup truck, wide wheel based vehicle or full sized SUV we should have the ability to accommodate them by placing them in the Stadium Parking Area. We try to leave a space in-between the vehicles so the student is able to park without fear or anxiety of being too close to another vehicle when pulling in or out. If you are driving a large vehicle & request this accommodation please write TRUCK at the top of your application form.
Student Parking is regulated by parking permitted cars only, and students may not park on school grounds without a permit. Towing is enforced for any unauthorized vehicles left on school grounds. Parking tickets will be issued and attached as a debt to the student's record.
All parking violations (listed in the CVHS Parking Rules) will result in a fine of $25.00 for the first offense, $50.00 for the second and or subsequent offense. For repeated violations or non-payment of fines the vehicle will be towed to a storage facility, incurring any additional charger’s and fees that the tow company may impose. This may also result in the revocation of the parking permit without refund. Fines not paid will go on the student’s debt list and that student will not be able to purchase tickets for or attend functions such as Homecoming, Prom, Etc. as well as other sanctions imposed by the School Administration. All payments can be made via MySchoolBucks.
Parking Permit Pickup
All students who apply must have a valid driver’s license, completed/signed Parking Application (both parts), and no recorded financial debts to CVHS.
- Download the Parking Application Part 1
- Download the Parking Application Part 2
- Download the CVHS Parking Rules
- SENIORS ONLY
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM
- Location: Atrium.
- All eligible underclass students and remaining seniors
- Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM
- Location: Atrium.
After this date anyone wishing to purchase parking permits must come to the Security Office once the school year has begun during non-instructional times.
Thank you & welcome back to school! Go Wildcats!
Questions may be directed to Tom Trapp via e-mail at @email .
- The CVHS patterns and procedures are designed to ensure everyone’s safety while also accommodating the high volume of pedestrian and vehicular traffic on school grounds.
Entrance #1 (Student Parking lot/Secondary Kiss & Ride)
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #1 is for the student parking area and the secondary kiss and ride drop-off and pick-up area. The secondary kiss and ride drop-off and pick-up area is located in the rear of the school near cafeteria doors #9. Parents will need to follow the arrows and signage to the drop-off Area. (please do not use door #12 as a drop-off or pick-up area). Parents may continue around the rear of the school to exit via the Bus Ramp or proceed back to entrance #1.
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #2 is the bus loop and is used for buses only during morning arrival and afternoon dismal times. Parents and visitors may use this entrance and park near the flagpoles during other time periods of the school day. It is important to note, however, that if you have business at the school in the afternoon your car must be moved from the bus loop prior to the arrival of school buses or you may be blocked in
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #3 is for the primary kiss and ride drop-off and pick-up location as well as the primary faculty and visitors parking area. Parents will turn right after entering and proceed to the second set of stairs marked drop-off location. This will allow the maximum amount of vehicles to enter as students are being dropped off. Please be aware that this parking lot is particularly crowded with faculty and staff parking and students who walk to school. Use caution. Parents should exit the lot onto the bus exit ramp and continue back onto Union Mill Road, or proceed to the traffic light controlled exit.
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #4 is actually an Exit Only for buses and cars. Do not attempt entry from either north or southbound Union Mill Road.
- The established speed limit for all drivers on school property is 15 MPH.