Programs and Presentations
Presented by Student Services
Resources and information posted from various programs, presentations, and workshops delivered by the Department of Student Services.
Class of 2020 Post-Secondary Planning
College 101 Night
Thank you to Erin Slater, Director of Admissions at Randolph-Macon College, for providing a helpful overview of the college admissions process. Over 120 students and family members attended the informative, interactive presentation on November 13. A PDF of her presentation is available here.
Financial Aid Night
Thank you to NOVA Financial Aid expert Lisa Branson for presenting to Centreville and Westfield HS families on October 3, 2018. The slideshow outlines her presentation and there are links to helpful handouts below.
- Cost of Attendance Comparison Worksheet
- Award Letter Comparison Worksheet
- Application Form Tracking Worksheet
- Financial Aid Application Checklist
- What You Need to Know About Financial Aid
- Slideshow Handout
- Sample Scholarship Inquiry Letter
- Financial Aid Glossary
- Federal Student Aid Program Summary For 2018-19
- Financial Aid Consultants and Scholarship Search Services Fact Sheet
Senior Seminar Presentation
Class of 2019 Junior Panel Discussion (recorded January 2018)
Junior Panel experts discuss post-secondary options including military, apprenticeship, 2-year, and 4-year colleges. Handouts available-- See the Class of 2019 section.