Attendance Policies and Procedures
Procedures and policies regarding student attendance including information about prearranged absences, excused and unexcused absences, later arrivals, early dismissals, and more
Parents/Guardians May Report Student Absences In Any of the Following Ways
- Call the 24/7 Attendance Line 703-802-5419 OR
- Use our online attendance form (see note below) OR
- Send an email to @email (see note below ).
Note: When submitting an online attendance form or sending an email to our office, the email must originate from the Parent/Guardian email address registered in SIS/ParentVue. Emails from or forms referencing unrecognized Parent/Guardian email addresses will result in an unprocessed attendance request.
The following information should be included when reporting an absence or late arrival. A reason is required for all dismissals and absences.
- Student’s LEGAL first and last name (include spelling on voice mail)
- Student ID number (optional)
- Date of Absence
- Reason for Absence
- Parent Name and Relationship
- Parent Phone Number for verification
- If reporting an ill student, include symptoms, especially if they have fever, nausea, vomiting, sore throat, and/or cough. If your student has a diagnosis from a healthcare provider, please include that information.
You may request an early dismissal in one of four ways:
- Call us at 703-802-5419 and leave a detailed message with the reason for the dismissal and providing at least one hour’s notice*.
- Email us at @email with the details for the dismissal, providing at least one hour’s notice*.
- Submit a early dismissal form from our website, providing at least one hour’s notice*.
- Come to the school Attendance Office in person (with identification) to check out your student, and prior to 2:30 PM. In person dismissals will not be processed after 2:30 PM.
* Failure to provide one hour’s notice will result in unprocessed dismissals. You will be required to come inside the school to check out your student in person.
Please note that if you use one of our courtesy methods of notification (phone/email/form), and an hour’s notice is provided, you do NOT need to come inside the school to check your student out. To dismiss, the student will log into E-hall pass on their laptop or phone to retrieve their electronic hall pass, which activates five minutes prior to the requested dismissal time. The student shows the pass to their teacher and will then report to Attendance to check out. The student must check out at Attendance even if dismissing between classes or during lunch. Failure to do so will result in an unexcused absence.
Please do not request an early dismissal via phone/email/form for students who are ill. Students who are not feeling well are to report to the clinic for assessment and the clinic will determine if an early dismissal is necessary.
Failure to follow the above procedures will result in unexcused absences and possible discipline referral to their Assistant Principal.
*Please note that on high volume days (i.e. day before holiday breaks, SOL testing days, Pep Rally days, etc.) the courtesy methods of notification may be temporarily disabled. If an early dismissal is needed, advanced notification will be required.
The Centreville HS Attendance Office does not accept paper notes from parents to excuse an absence/late arrival/early dismissals. Please use one of the above methods to report. Medical notes from a doctor’s office will be accepted.
When a student is going to be absent due to a medical procedure, a college visit, or other approved reason, please complete a Prearranged Absence form, gather teacher signatures, and submit to Assistant Principal for approval two weeks prior to the absence.