Procedures for obtaining a student parking permit
Requirements for Purchasing a Parking Permit
Both parts of the two-part parking application signed by both a parent and the student. The two parts of the parking application can be downloaded here (Part 1 & Part 2) or picked up from the main office. Please remember to include your vehicle information and tag number on the form. The CVHS parking rules can be viewed here.
Payment of $200 for the required FCPS maintenance fee of the parking areas. Checks, Money Orders, and Cash are acceptable forms of payment
All school debts or financial obligations must be paid or taken care of with the Sub-Schools prior to purchase
A valid drivers license (Yes a temporary (90 day paper) or provisional license is fine, however no learners permits that strictly require the student to drive with a licensed driver are accepted)
Student Parking is regulated by parking permitted cars only, and students may not park on school grounds without a permit. Towing is enforced for any unauthorized vehicles left on school grounds.
Parking Permit Sale
Parking permits are offered to seniors only on Monday, August 20, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. in the Centreville High School Atrium. All students who apply must have a valid driver’s license, completed/signed Parking Application (both parts), a check payable to CVHS for $200, and no recorded financial debts to CVHS.
All eligible underclass students and remaining seniors will be able to purchase parking permits on Tuesday, August 21, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Centreville High School Atrium. After this date anyone wishing to purchase parking permits must come to the Security Office once school year has begun during non-instructional times.
· Questions may be directed to Tom Trapp (703) 802-5569 starting on August 20th between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. or via e-mail at email@example.com after Aug 20th.
- The CVHS patterns and procedures are designed to ensure everyone’s safety while also accommodating the high volume of pedestrian and vehicular traffic on school grounds.
Entrance #1 (Student Parking lot/Secondary Kiss & Ride)
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #1 is for the student parking area and the secondary kiss and ride drop-off and pick-up area. The secondary kiss and ride drop-off and pick-up area is located in the rear of the school near cafeteria doors #9. Parents will need to follow the arrows and signage to the drop-off Area. (please do not use door #12 as a drop-off or pick-up area). Parents may continue around the rear of the school to exit via the Bus Ramp or proceed back to entrance #1.
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #2 is the bus loop and is used for buses only during morning arrival and afternoon dismal times. Parents and visitors may use this entrance and park near the flagpoles during other time periods of the school day. It is important to note, however, that if you have business at the school in the afternoon your car must be moved from the bus loop prior to the arrival of school buses or you may be blocked in
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #3 is for the primary kiss and ride drop-off and pick-up location as well as the primary faculty and visitors parking area. Parents will turn right after entering and proceed to the second set of stairs marked drop-off location. This will allow the maximum amount of vehicles to enter as students are being dropped off. Please be aware that this parking lot is particularly crowded with faculty and staff parking and students who walk to school. Use caution. Parents should exit the lot onto the bus exit ramp and continue back onto Union Mill Road, or proceed to the traffic light controlled exit.
- Approaching from northbound Union Mill Road; entrance #4 is actually an Exit Only for buses and cars. Do not attempt entry from either north or southbound Union Mill Road.
- The established speed limit for all drivers on school property is 15 MPH.